Please remember to make use of sidewalks adjacent to streets. We have received reports of some people walking in the street on west Oak Street among other places. There have been sidewalks installed along most streets to facilitate safe pedestrian movement.
If no sidewalk is available, pedestrians may walk in the street as close to the edge of the roadway as possible. Please remember that it is a violation of state law for a pedestrian to walk upon a roadway if there is an accessible sidewalk adjacent to the road. Your help is greatly appreciated in assisting to make Zionsville a safer place for all to enjoy.
The Mission Statement of the Zionsville Police Department
It is the mission of the Zionsville Police Department to safeguard lives and property, to preserve the dignity of the individuals that we serve, to protect the rights of the citizens and visitors and to gain public compliance of laws and ordinances to insure a safe, secure environment while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain public confidence.
- What should I do if I am stopped by the police?
- Where do Zionsville officers have jurisdiction?
- My address is in Zionsville, isn’t the Zionsville Police Department the agency that provides services for me?
- What are the requirements to operate a moped in Indiana?
- If I receive a traffic ticket how can I pre-pay it?
- Why does it take so long for an officer to come up to my car to speak with me after I have been stopped?
- How fast can I drive over the speed limit without worrying about getting stopped?
- Do Zionsville Police officers have a ticket quota?
- Why do officers observe a traffic violation and wait to stop me several blocks away from where I allegedly committed the violation?
- If a police officer is in an unmarked car, can he stop me and issue me a ticket?