CPR & First Aid Classes
Zionsville Fire Department will be temporarily canceling all scheduled CPR classes and will not be teaching or scheduling classes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
You know how to call 911, but do you know CPR? CPR courses offered through the Zionsville Fire Department will teach you skills that could save the life of a family member, friend or member of your community. Learn CPR and make a difference.
First Saturday Course
The CPR/AED/Choking Rescue course is a three-hour class that typically takes place on the first Saturday of the month. This is perfect for the lay person and includes CPR, AED and choking for adults, children and infants. This provides a two-year certification for non-healthcare providers. The course fee is $45 and can be paid the date of the course with a check or exact amount in cash. The class size allows for up to 10 students. Click here to sign up.
Online Courses, Hands-On Practice and Evaluation
This option provides a variety of different online courses offered through the American Heart Association. If you are on a time crunch or need a skill that is not provided in the Saturday course, this is the option for you. The skills sessions can be scheduled on Thursdays only during normal business hours. Click here to visit the AHA website sign up form.
- Once on the webpage you will click “courses” at the top of the page
- Select “Heartsaver” for all non-healthcare certifications – from there select the specific course you need.
- Please be aware that there is a fee for the online course that is a separate fee.
- Select “Healthcare Professionals” if you need a BLS certification – the only healthcare provider check off ZFD provides is “Heartcode BLS." Please be aware that there is a fee for the online course that is a separate fee.
- Once you have completed your online course, print off the certification earned and bring it with you to your check off skills session.
Skills check offs are done by our EMS Chief Steve Gilliam and take place on Thursdays. Prices for skills check offs are as follows. We kindly ask that you bring a check or exact change.
- CPR/AED - $30/person
- CPR/AED/First Aid or Healthcare Provider BLS - $40/person
Disclaimer: Please make sure you sign up for the course that fits your exact needs. ZFD is not responsible for incorrect sign ups. If you have any questions about which course is right for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. We would be more than happy to help. You can call our Headquarter offices at 317-873-5358 or email our administrative assistant at email@example.com.
Additional CPR Services
Are you the owner, supervisor, or manager of a business and want to get your staff CPR certified? We offer onsite training. If you would like more information on this please fill out the Public Education Form and someone will be in contact.