Lincoln Park Concert Series
- Lincoln Park
41 S 2nd Street
- Presented by the Zionsville Cultural District and the Zionsville Park and Recreation Department
- Wednesdays in June-July, 7 p.m.
Reserve Lincoln Park Gazebo
For information about reserving the Gazebo at Lincoln Park, please contact us at 317-733-2273.
Starkey Nature Park iNaturalist Project
Starkey Nature Park at 72 acres, is the largest park in Zionsville. Starkey Park is named for Lucile Starkey who bequeathed a major portion of the land to the Town in 1974 for use as a nature park.
The park features wooded bottom land along Eagle Creek, prairie meadow plantings through the power line right away and forest in mixture of growth patterns.The iNaturalist project is ongoing. Anyone can submit observations through the iNaturalist App. This project is a way for the Zionsville Parks and Recreation Department to gather a list of the plants and animals that utilize the habitats of Starkey Park both year round, seasonally or for different stages of their lives. The list of species gathered will provide background information for future conservation and educational programs.
April is Pull for Parks Month
- We are searching for groups interested in helping with our annual Pull for Parks April.
- Zionsville area scouts, church groups, civic organizations and classes are encouraged to help Zionsville Parks remove invasive garlic mustard from target areas.
Pull for Parks Blitz
Saturday, April 21 & Sunday, April 22
Individuals and groups, sign up for this year’s Pull for Parks Blitz, happening Earth Day Weekend. Garlic Mustard pulls will occur at different times throughout the Zionsville Parks during the two day event. Join us and pull at one park, or several parks. A list of parks and times will be sent to registered participants in April.
Zionsville Bike Challenge
- May 21 - July 1, 2018
- Free to join, four challenge levels, and chances to win weekly prizes.
- Register via email
Zionsville Parks and Recreation, DOW AgroCyclists and Zionsville Triathlon Team have teamed up again for the fourth annual Zionsville Bike Challenge. Join us for group rides throughout the month. Details will be emailed to participants. Complete your challenge level and win a t-shirt. How many miles can you do?
- Family Fun (90 minutes per week)
- 200 miles in 6 weeks
- 400 miles in 6 weeks
- 600 miles in 6 weeks
Zion Nature Center Summer Day Camps
For detailed information on 2018 Summer Day Camp dates, and times click here Camp registration OPENS Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 9 a.m.
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration must be completed in person at: Zion Nature Center, 690 Beech Street, Zionsville, IN 46077.
- To register please bring:
- Completed waiver forms – one per child
- Check payable to Zionsville Parks, exact cash amount or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover are accepted)
- Heritage Trail Park (40 plots available)
4050 S 875 E
- Elm Street Green (30 plots available)
165 N Elm Street
Sign-up begins in March (the Thursday immediately after the March Park Board meeting) for the departments tilled, 20 feet by 20 feet garden plots available.
- Plots are reserved each season.
- Weather permitting plots are ready by May 15 or earlier.
- Plot fee is $25.
- Contact us at 317-733-2273 for questions or additional information.
- Sign-up at the Zionsville Town Hall 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Saturday, August 18, 2018
- Elm Street Green 165 N Elm Street
- For specific Creekfest event information click here.
Join us for our annual celebration of Eagle Creek through recreation, stewardship and education. Creekfest features activities for all ages including a stream cleanup, kayak demonstrations, DNR Backyard Bass Casting Station, Creekstomp for Kids, educational booths, activities and much more. Participants may register their group or family to participate in the stream cleanup or just show up for the fun and festivities!
Tails on the Trails
- Tails on the Trails runs September 1 - October 31, 2018.
- For specific Tails on the Trails information click here.
Look for weekly Tails on the Trails Tips on our Facebook page, and share your experience #tailsonthetrails.
Tails on the Trails participants will be emailed their Paws-Port, which lists the 8 walks as well as group dog walk schedule.
Zionsville Nature Play Days
- Zionsville Nature Play Days run June 9 - 17, 2018
- For specific Nature Play Days programs and participating organizations click here
From June 9th to 17th, 2018 Indiana Children and Nature Network (ICAN) is encouraging everyone across the state to participate in Nature Play Day events. The goal of Nature Play Days is to get kids outside and remind families that nature play is important and can happen close to home.