Permit Applications & Forms
Click here to access the Investigation Request form. This form is to be used for all suspected violations of Building and Zoning Codes. The address or parcel number of the property is required for investigation.
Sign Permit specific ILPs should be emailed to Cameron Harris with all relevant forms, documentation and supporting materials. Paper submissions can be mailed or dropped off at the Municipal Action Center (MAC) front desk, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For applicants that are unfamiliar with our processes and requirements, please email Cameron Harris for questions.
Improvement Location Permits
Improvement Location Permits (ILP) should be emailed to Heather Mason and Vicki Homrig with all relevant forms, documentation and supporting materials. Paper submissions can be mailed or dropped off at the Municipal Action Center (MAC) front desk, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For applicants that are unfamiliar with our processes and requirements, please email Heather Mason and Vicki Homrig for questions. Please provide the property's address and the type of work being performed.
- Obtaining a permit through the Town of Zionsville does not supersede approval from your Homeowners Association. Please contact your Homeowners Association for approval of your project.
- Per Town Ordinance, permits are valid for one year after the date of issuance.
- UNLAWFUL CONSTRUCTION NOISE is regulated and enforced depending on whether the site is within the rural or urban district:
- RURAL: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Sunday Work rule per; § 17.92.03 Enforced by Boone County Sherriff’s Department
- URBAN: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Saturday Work rule per; § 92 Noise, Enforced by Zionsville Police Department (no work on Sunday)
Improvement Location Permit (Building Permit) Forms
- Owner Authorization Form
- Writable-Residential Improvement Location Permit Application-(New) Single, Two Family, Town Homes
- Writable-Residential Improvement Location Permit Application-Additions Remodels Accessory Structures
- Commercial Improvement Location Permit Application
- Amendment to Improvement Location Permit Application
- Extension ILP Form
- Demolition Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Sanitary Sewer Permit
- Re-Roof Permit Application
- Road Impact Fee Estimate Request
- Town of Zionsville Energy Code Information
- 2012 State of Indiana Energy Efficiency Code
- Minor Amendment Form
- Grading Permit Application with Owner Authorization form
Plan Commission Forms
- Rules of Procedure – Plan Commission
- Technical Advisory Committee Contacts
- Petition for Zone Map Change
- Petition for Subdivision Plat Approval
- Petition for Development Plan Approval
- Petition for Vacation of Platted Items by Plan Commission
- Petition for Vacation of Public Ways by Town Council
- Minor Amendment Form