Police Explorer Post
The mission of the Explorer Program is to develop and deliver engaging, research-based academic, character, leadership, and career focused programs aligned to state and national standards that guide and enable all students to achieve their full potential. Our vision is to provide positive and meaningful real-world career experiences and leadership development opportunities for all teenagers and young adults in Law Enforcement.
The purpose of the Zionsville Police Department explorers program is to partner with Learning For Life and the Boy Scouts of America, creating and fostering effective leadership and career guidance for youth, in a year-round work based training capacity for men and women ages 14-20. Through training and partnership the goal is to better equip these young adults for a future career as a reserve or full time officer with the Zionsville Police Department.
The objective of the Zionsville Police Department Explorer Post shall be:
• To help young adults become mature and responsible citizens.
• To help its members acquire an understanding of an adult occupational role in the Police Department.
• To provide the opportunity to examine the law enforcement profession as a possible career.
• To develop a permanent set of values.
• To create a better understanding of law enforcement on the local, state, and national levels.
• To create better community and police department relationships.
The age of the youth will start at the age of 14 when they are no longer eligible for the Jr. Police Academy, until they have reached the age of 21.
The explorers in the program will have training 1-2 times per month sometimes with optional additional training. They will also have the ability to sign up to work events, ride-a-longs, and other various department activities.
Cost for participants is $50.00 for their first year to cover uniform, insurance, and activities. Those who cannot afford that are still encouraged to participate as there are programs to assist with cost.
For an application packet, please download this Package
For further information please email: Officer Joshua Chapman