Today the Town of Zionsville’s Community Enrichment Grant Committee awarded their fall 2022 grants, the fourth round of awards since the Zionsville Community Enrichment Grant program launched in January of 2021. Six local non-profits were awarded grants with a total of $45,700 infused into the community.
The local non-profits that received funding are Black Box Theatre Company ($19,000 grant), Indy Book Project, Inc. ($5,165 grant), Isaiah 117 House ($10,000 grant), Zionsville Farmers Market ($3,400 grant), Zionsville RISE Foundation ($5,000 grant) and zWORKS ($3,135 grant).
Funding will go toward a diverse mix of projects. There is funding for microphones and stage enhancements; basement flooring; book drives, Little Free Library, board books and student ambassador program; an updated website and marketing effort; an entrepreneurial pitch competition; and TEDx Zionsville.
Since Mayor Emily Styron launched the program in 2021, local non-profits have received nearly one-quarter million dollars in funding.
“I am so pleased by the wide range of projects we are funding and long-term impact to these organizations,” said Mayor Emily Styron. “The investment back into our community continues to improve the quality of life for residents in Zionsville and beyond.”
The Community Enrichment Grant Committee is made up of six community members: Scott Condes, Jennifer Cross, Lauren Hernandez-DeCrane, Wendy Schrepferman, Ed Thomas and Allison Williams.
Non-profits located in Boone County and serving Zionsville residents and businesses are encouraged to apply for funding in 2023. For more information on the grant program, visit www.zionsville-in.gov/communitygrant.
Zionsville Community Enrichment Grant fall 2022 awardees:
- Black Box Theatre Company: microphones and stage enhancements
- Isaiah 117 House: basement flooring
- Indy Book Project: book drives, board book collection, Little Free Library and storefront needs and student ambassador program
- Zionsville Farmers Market: updated website, marketing intern, marketing materials
- Zionsville RISE Foundation: support for TEDx Zionsville series
- ZWORKS: Ignite Zionsville, an entrepreneurial pitch competition