Mayor & Administration
Town Administration includes Mayor Tim Haak; Town Manager Edward J. Mitro; Director of Communications & Community Relations Amanda Vela; Human Resources Manager Sue Jones, PHR; and Technology Director Joseph Rust.
About Mayor Tim Haak
Tim Haak has served as the Mayor of Zionsville since 2016 and lived in Zionsville since he was nine years old. “I have seen almost every change that has occurred in Zionsville, and yet our town has retained its quaint village-like charm,” he says. “We’re still a tight-knit community.” He served on the Town Council from 2008 to 2015 and also served on the Zionsville Board of Police Commissioners as well as the Zionsville Safety Board.
Prior to becoming Mayor, Haak was Director of Operations for Elevate Ventures. Previously, he worked for the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, the state’s leading economic development agency. His banking career has also included executive positions with the National Bank of Indianapolis and Fifth Third Bank.
Haak graduated from Zionsville High School and then received his B.S. in business from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He is currently a board member of Accelerate Indiana Municipalities, the Boone County Economic Development Corporation, the Central Indiana Council of Elected Officials and the Central Indiana Regional Transit Authority. Haak is also a graduate of the FBI Citizen’s Academy and is a former board member of the Boys & Girls Club of Zionsville.
He and his wife, Leah, have two sons and one daughter who attend Zionsville schools. The Haaks are members of Zionsville Presbyterian Church and are active in Boy Scouts, Little League, and the Zionsville Youth Soccer Association.
About the Zionsville Town Administration
- The Town of Zionsville operates under a Town Council-Mayor form of government.
- The Mayor is elected and manages the daily affairs and operations of the Town.
- The Mayor ensures that Town services are performed in accordance with policies and with the capability of the Town’s resources.
- The Mayor serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town and oversees the departments and staff that coordinate various services for its residents and businesses.
- The Mayor is the individual who directs the day to day operations of the Town.