Mayor & Administration
Town Administration includes Mayor Emily Styron; Deputy Mayor Julie Johns-Cole; Human Resources Manager Jo Kiel; Public Information Officer Amanda Vela; Executive Assistant to the Mayor Carol Johnson; and Information Technology Director Joseph Rust.
About Mayor Emily Styron
Emily Styron became the second Mayor of Zionsville on January 1, 2020. With a background in public policy, finance and technology, Styron excels in launching initiatives and leading effective teams. She has led programs in state and local government; life science and technology companies; social service agencies; start-up/entrepreneurial organizations; and higher education. Three roles emerge throughout her career: ethical leadership, innovative problem solver, expert organizational management.
Under Styron’s leadership, Zionsville has seen successes in the areas of economic development, community amenities, public engagement and sustainability and environmental stewardship. Zionsville landed the first new corporate headquarters in four years (Rahal Letterman Lanigan), adopted the Zionsville Gateway Area plan, developed and implemented the first Climate Action Plan and opened the first dog park.
Styron has lived in Zionsville for more than 20 years and served in a variety of local community service roles including the Boone County Redevelopment Commission, the Zionsville Parks Board, the YWCA Board of Directors and as a Girl Scout Leader for nearly 13 years. She received her Master’s in Public Administration from IU.
About the Zionsville Town Administration
- The Town of Zionsville operates under a Mayor-Town Council form of government.
- The Mayor is elected and manages the daily affairs and operations of the Town.
- The Mayor ensures that Town services are performed in accordance with policies and with the capability of the Town’s resources.
- The Mayor serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town and oversees the departments and staff that coordinate various services for its residents and businesses.
- The Mayor is the individual who directs the day to day operations of the Town.
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of the Town of Zionsville.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com