- Sign Up For
- Community Gardens
All Garden Plots are Full for the 2023 Season check back in March 2024 for future reservations.
Garden plots may be reserved from April 1 (weather dependent) through December 31 of each year.
There are three types of plots available to reserve:
- 20’x 20’ plot – $25* (located at both Elm Street Green Park and Heritage Trail Park)
- 10’ x 10’ plot – $20* (located at both Elm Street Green Park and Heritage Trail Park)
- 4’ x 8’ Raised Garden Bed – $20* (located at Heritage Trail Park and Elm Street Green)
*Values do not include $25 refundable deposit
Gardeners will be asked to remove all debris: fabric, stakes, plastic, wire cages, rocks, bricks, rope, string, etc. and return plots to their original condition upon admittance by October 31 unless they “opt out” of the fall till to continue gardening through the end of the year. All garden plots are to be cleaned up by December 31.
Garden Plot Locations
Garden Plots are located at:
- Heritage Trail Park, 4050 S 875 E
- Elm Street Green Park, 165 N Elm Street
- Accessible Raised Garden beds are located at Heritage Trail Park
Community Garden Plot Details
- Gardeners may reserve plots year to year. Staff will contact plot holders each fall to ask if they wish to “opt out” of the fall till and if they wish to reserve their plot for the following season.
- A one-time deposit of $25 is included in registration fees and will be returned at the end of the year if members’ plots are clear of fabrics, fencing and materials. Deposits may be carried over for gardeners wishing to reserve their plot the following year.
- One plot per household prior to April 1. The remaining plots will be available to reserve after April 1.
- Do not expand your garden beyond your reserved plot(s). Please do not occupy neighboring plots even if it appears unused.
- Garden hoses are provided around the perimeter of the garden plot area. When finished using the hose, be considerate of your fellow gardeners and reconnect hoses and return to their original locations.
- Water will be provided at both locations via Citizen’s Energy Group. Zionsville Parks is subject to its authority should a water restriction occur. There will be no refunds if we are required to shut off the water. We cannot guarantee providing any additional source.
- Vehicles may not park or drive within the park and must remain on paved vehicular and parking areas.
- By Town Council’s Ordinance, alcoholic beverages are not to be consumed on parklands. A fine of up to $500 may be assessed.