- Town Court
- Ordinance Violation Deferral Program
Ordinance Violation Deferral Program
Deferral Program - Local OrdinanceThe Deferral Program (PDF) applies to Local Ordinance Violation only. It does not apply to citations written as State Statute Violations. For information on deferrals relating to State Statute violations, please contact the court or the Boone County Prosecutor’s office.
The Indiana legislature has authorized the Zionsville Town Prosecutor’s office to enter into an agreement with qualified individuals to defer prosecution of their case. The program, if successfully completed, allows the individual to avoid having points and a conviction applied to their driving record as a result of the Town Ordinance violation for which they have been cited. If you have already paid your ticket, you will not be eligible for this program.
EligibilityTo be eligible for the Zionsville Traffic Ordinance Violation Deferral Program, you must:
- Have zero points on your driving record
- Have had no traffic convictions within the last 2 years
- Have had no major driving offenses in the last 5 years, these include OWI and Driving While Suspended
ViolationsEligible Violations Include:
- Disregarding Traffic Signal/Stop Sign
- Failure to Dim Lights
- Speeding (Up to 25 miles per hour over limit)
- Driving Left of Center
- Passing in No passing zone
- Following too closely
- Improper U Turn
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to Signal
Deferral InformationThe Town will review all citations and individuals qualifying for the deferral program will automatically be sent information and an agreement to be completed. After receiving the information and agreement, should you wish to defer prosecution you will need to do the following:
- Sign and date the Traffic Ordinance Violation Deferral Agreement.
- Pay users’ fees and court costs totaling $252.50 in lieu of paying your ticket. The Program’s fees must be paid in full with your signed agreement and partial payments are not accepted.
- Return everything to Zionsville Town Court, Zionsville Traffic Infraction Deferral Program.
- Avoid incurring another traffic ticket (anywhere) for a 12 month period beginning from the date we receive your signed paperwork and payment, and otherwise comply with all terms of your Deferral Agreement.