- Boards, Commissions, Committees
- Plan Commission
The primary responsibility of the Plan Commission is to develop and recommend to the legislative body a plan for the future of the community, with their focus being establishing quality development and quality of life for Zionsville. The Plan Commission helps establish what must be done to develop or build within Zionsville consistent with the desired look, feel and best interest of Zionsville.
Under Indiana law, plan commissions are responsible for the following:
- Preparing a comprehensive plan;
- Preparing a zoning ordinance and a subdivision control ordinance;
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the text of the zoning ordinance or subdivision control ordinance;
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the zoning map (rezoning);
- Approving or denying proposals to subdivide land, based upon compliance with the subdivision control ordinance;
- Approving development plans; and
- Assigning street addresses.
The Commission is comprised of seven members. Three members are appointed by Town Council and four members are appointed by the mayor. Four members must be from the Rural District and three members must be from the Urban District. Term of service is four years.
Click here to view the current Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Petitions.
- David Franz - President
- Chris Lake - Vice President
- Mary Grabianowski
- Jim Hurst
- Larry Jones
- Cindy Madrick
- Sharon Walker
- Mike Dale - Non-voting Secretary
- 3rd Monday of every month
- 6:30 p.m.
- Town Hall, 1100 W Oak Street
Agendas and Minutes
Or by emailing Planning Manager Janice Stevanovic.
Community & Economic DevelopmentPhysical Address
1100 W Oak Street
Zionsville, IN 46077
Phone: 317-873-8247Fax: 317-873-8021
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.